Wednesday, 22 March 2017

Beeswax Candles

Beeswax candles are beautiful, the wax is created by bees and it is 100% natural and chemical free.
Beeswax candles emit a really rich coloured flame which is mesmerising, the candle burns cleanly with a soothing warm yellow glow, and there is no smoke. The natural smell is both sweet and comforting, influenced by the scents of the honey and floral nectar in the honeycomb.
You may notice that beeswax candles seem to burn for a long time, which is explained by the wax having a higher melting point (which results in a significantly longer burn time) There is also very little dripping from the wax.

Not only are beeswax candles beautiful to look at and to smell, there are reports that suggest they are also a natural ioniser , which makes burning them an effective way of purifying the air.
Beeswax, when burned, emits negative ions which bind with positive ions (such as things floating in the air that are ‘positively charged’ – this includes dusts, pollens, viruses, bacteria and germs).
This binding of positive and negative ions creates a complete molecule, which is heavier than air, causing the molecule it to fall to the ground. By burning pure beeswax candles a few times a week, and hoovering, some argue your home will be cleaner, smell sweeter and the air you breathe will be healthier!
Beeswax candles are rare compared to candles found in most shops and supermarkets.
95% of the world’s candles are made from paraffin wax, which is a petroleum by-product that is created from the sludge waste when crude oil is refined. The paraffin wax is highly processed and contains up to 11 toxic compounds and chemicals. The paraffin is then bleached to change its colour and there are many claims and studies that suggest paraffin candles are an extremely toxic product.
So, if you are looking for a bit of warmth, light and love, good health and cheer, why not lighting some beeswax candles as soon as you can!

                   Content kindly donated by Oriel's Honey Emporium. Please check out their site.


Post a Comment

keep it clean...keep it relevant...I look forward to reading your comments!!